Before registering for the Solvay Business Game, you must read the rules below (hereinafter called the “Official Rules”). By completing the registration form, you accept the conditions of the Official Rules in their entirety. Furthermore, you accept that any decision of the Solvay Business Game staff concerning the Solvay Business Game shall be definitive.
II. THE SOLVAY BUSINESS GAME
- The Solvay Business Game (hereafter referred to as “SBG”) is a business game organized by Solvay students but also by students of different faculties and different universities.
- The purpose of the SBG is to familiarize students with the reality of the work that they will face in their professional life. Six different challenges are organized: an online challenge, a Strategy challenge, a Marketing challenge, a Negotiation challenge, a Pitching challenge and finally an Eloquence Challenge.
- The Game is based on an interactive economic simulation where the participants evolve within a defined competitive environment. The decisions made by the participants will affect their level of success.
- The Game will develop in eight stages: Stage 1: Registration; 2: Selection Challenge and Participant selection; Stage 3: Online Challenge ; Stage 4: Strategy Challenge ; Stage 5: Negotiation Challenge ; Stage 6: Marketing Challenge ; Stage 7: Pitching Challenge; Stage 8: Eloquence Challenge (only for the finalists).
- The Game will take place on the 4th and 5th March, 2016.
- The final results will be announced at the game itself after the Eloquence Challenge and on the SBG website, www.solvaybusinessgame.com.
- Only individuals who are officially enrolled in a school or a university of higher education, and currently in their third year of Bachelor, first year of Master or last year of Master are eligible for participation at the Solvay Business Game (hereafter, they will be referred to as “the Students”). Students writing their thesis or doing the equivalent in order to obtain their diploma can also be considered as students.
- Participation in the SBG is subject to online electronic acceptance of the Official Rules and of the documentation concerning the assignment of the intellectual property and image rights.
- A financial contribution of 70 euros for two is required (35 euros each) but we will provide you with all the food and beverages you need during the two days. A special rate is available to participants for rooms at the Sheraton. Price is 82€ per night. Please note that, in both cases, there will be no refunds.
- The Students must register in teams of 2 (hereafter referred to as “Teams”). Teams can change any of the details used during their registration, and this until the date of the event. In such an event, Students are expected to contact the SBG team through the ‘contact us’ page on www.solvaybusinessgame.com.
- The Teams must use the official registration form available on the official SBG website.
- It is imperative that every field be completed with valid answers. Incomplete registration forms will not be considered as eligible. The SBG team retains the right to retract and disqualify a candidate and his teammate if the information given in the abovementioned Registration Form is incorrect or invalid.
- At the time of Registration, the Teams will be requested to accept the Official Rules. Failure to do so will make submitting the Registration Form impossible. Acceptance of the Official Rules is done in the name of the Team.
- The two members of the Teams must provide a valid personal e-mail address.
- The Solvay Business Game reserves the right to verify the validity of the information provided by the Teams at the time of the Registration, at any time during the SBG, and if deemed necessary, to request copies of the identity cards and/or student cards of the school or university mentioned by the Team.
- Students can only be members of one Team. The presence of any Student in multiple teams will automatically result in the disqualification of every team in which s/he participated.
- If a team member decides to leave his/her Team, the Team will be disqualified. Only extreme cases (pregnancy, accidents, hospitalization, etc.) will be accepted, in which case the remaining participant will be asked to find a new team mate. The Solvay Business Game reserves the right to define an extreme case.
- Students must register under the first name and surname appearing on their passport/identity card.
V. USE OF THE RESULTS BY THE HR TEAMS OF THE SPONSORS
The Human Resources Managers of the sponsors of the Solvay Business Game may, at their full discretion, use the Results of their challenge.
VI. SUPPLEMENTARY PROVISIONS
- At its sole discretion, the Solvay Business Game may exclude or ban a Team from participating if the Team or one of its members does not comply with the Official Rules or acts in an unfair or disruptive way.
- The Solvay Business Game forbids the Teams, at any stage of the Game, to communicate their strategy to each other or any specific information concerning the Teams’ decisions and in particular, all data contained in the Team’s data file are private and highly confidential.
- The Challenges and its associated documentation are copyrighted. All adaptation, reproduction or representation without the Solvay Business Game’s approval is considered a forgery punished by the law.
- The Teams shall have no recourse against the disqualification decisions.
- The Solvay Business Game has the right to disqualify and sue any participant who might try to destroy, disturb, damage or affect the proper functioning of the SBG.
- By participating in the SBG, the Students shall have access to confidential information such as commercial, financial, scientific, industrial or marketing-related information, concerning the activities, operations and studies of the sponsors, one or several of the companies in the sponsors’ Group or one or several companies to which they are or were related or in which they are interested. The Students shall also have access to information concerning individuals belonging to the above-mentioned companies (henceforth referred to as “Information”).
- The Students shall take the necessary measures to keep the Information confidential, except for public information.
- The Students acknowledge that disclosing this Information could cause sponsors considerable damage, and that irresponsible treatment (or actions that are not in line with expectations) of this Information therefore makes them liable to judicial pursuit.
- The obligation to keep the Information confidential shall continue even after the end of the SBG.
- The Solvay Business Game took appropriate measures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Students’ personal data. The Solvay Business Game reserves the right share the Students’ information with its sponsors, provided it is used in a professional manner.
- According to the “Informatique et Libertés” Law of 4 January 1978, any Student can exercise his/her right of access to, amendment of, or suppression of his personal data.
- All the times and dates published by the Solvay Business Game are in local Belgian time.
- In the event that the administration, the security or the proper functioning of the SBG is put to question, The Solvay Business Game reserves the right to shorten, modify or cancel the SBG. In this event, the Team or one of its members will not be able to claim any loss against it.
- The SBG, its concept, its content, its appearance, its logo, any other graphic element and its organization are and shall remain the sole property of the Solvay Business Game.
- The Solvay Business Game is not responsible for the incorrect functioning of the site, for incorrect e-mail addresses related to the SBG or for connection problems.
- The Teams shall not be reimbursed for the fees, equipment or resources used during their participation in the SBG.